NT & FNQ Diabetes in Pregnancy Partnership Educational Symposium
The NT Diabetes in Pregnancy Partnership Project is a longitudinal study, which commenced in 2012. The FNQ Diabetes in Pregnancy Partnership Project commenced in April 2016 and is due for completion in December 2020.
The Northern Territory & Far North Queensland Diabetes in Pregnancy Partnership invite all interested health professionals and stakeholders to an educational symposium in Darwin.
The keynote speaker will be Associate Professor Brandy Wicklow, who will be presenting on the intergenerational impact of type-2 diabetes in First Nation communities.
Other speakers will include:
- Assoc Prof Louise Maple-Brown and Dr Christine Connors – NT & FNQ DIP Partnership Update
- Prof Kerin O’Dea – Indigenous health: Learning from the past for the future.
- Prof Richard Saffery – Epigenetics and early life programming of metabolic conditions
- Assoc Prof Julie Brimblecombe
- Assoc Prof Jacqueline Boyle – Diabetes in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women: Optimising care before, between and beyond pregnancy