Katherine 2018 HOT NORTH Workshop
The Katherine teaching workshop provided HOT NORTH researchers and Katherine health professionals the opportunity to strengthen relationships and facilitated learning experiences to develop and transform health practices across northern Australia.
A Professional development opportunity for Health Staff in the Katherine region.
Topics of discussion included:
- New initiatives in skin health
- Diabetes in pregnancy and youth
- Impact of antimicrobial resistance on local guidelines
- Enhancing communication between hospitals, primary health and public health
- New initiatives in rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart
- The Planetary Health agenda disease
- Other Katherine research interests and priorities
Day 1 Presentations
Acute Rheumatic Fever and Rheumatic Heart Disease
Day 2 Presentations
Scabies and Skin Health: New Approaches?
Diabetes in Pregnancy and Youth: How Big an Issue?
Sian Graham - The diabetes in pregnancy stroy: Experiences of Aboriginal women in the Northern Territory